Wednesday, January 19, 2011

won't you take me to funkytown? Melbourne-town?

**I'm actually listening to this Lipps Inc song right now...Skins 2 Soundtrack, ya'll

Nothing makes me happier than new cds, even if I don't actually spin them for months. Yay for Polyester (City Store)!!! Haha I love that I ALWAYS spend $100-$200 each time & I always get a 'that's a nice selection you've got there' comment. Ignore my gossiping girly telephone conversation whilst I was handing my selection of five cd albums over. This brings my cd album total to 412. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz. I bought:

- Royksopp: Melody AM
- The Whitest Boy Alive: Dreams
- Gold Panda: Shiver
- Beach House: Beach House
- Mos Def: The Ecstatic

I am a perfect fifty-fifty cross between teenybopper & wannabe hippy indie kid. I wore a 'plum' coloured baggy t-shirt, jeans, my/Mum's brown beads (beads! I wore jewellery that wasn't gold/silver! this is a big event!) and I was listening to the Magnetic Fields on the Sandringham line because I surpass the definition of cool. Perhaps I do blast the music a bit too loud (I gave up with in-ear headphones, my ears are never the right shape)(it doesn't really matter anyway because some interesting-looking woman who got on at Balaclava sat next to me & didn't seem to mind) and then I tap my fingers/feet but try really hard not to mime...

but these kids who notice my funny finger always point & whisper to their Mum's/sister's "look at that lady, she's missing a finger'...not that I give a shit, I'm not offended etc etc but god, why do these parents just smile at me & not ask? Not apologize? Especially when they are sitting about 1 metre away from me, I mean sure, I've got headphones in, but do you really think I can't hear you?. Encourage children to be curious, ask questions by all means, but not to be rude. Okay rant over kthanksbye.

What else? Lord of the Fries make a 'sample' size chips now. This is tres exciting. I still feel sickly as ever but less so because I didn't eat as much. I've had a bit more coffee than ususal lately too & this makes me shakey but ensures I stay up till the early hours of the morning lying in bed listening to music. Okay well now I'm filling in words for the sake of it. Off to shower, Skins (British, not the other one, oh dear god that's bad) and a little bit more of 'A Fraction Of The Whole' by Steve Toltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment