Wednesday, January 26, 2011

my excessive use of social networking websites

I've come to the conclusion that this blog is turning into my replacement facebook; it's no longer "cool" to update your facebook status every 2 hours, so I have to let everything out on this blog instead. Also, I'm conscious of annoying the shit out of people because I do wish to continue stalking everyone - privacy settings SUCK. This of course involves looking at all their photos & what they "like" and where they went to school/uni & where they work & where they "check in" and who they become "friends" with until I'm forced, due to procrastination, to apply the same treatment to the friends we don't have in common. Occasionally this gets awkward, because you go places & recognize people you've stalked and sometimes it's a little bit of a star-struck moment but its becoming somewhat socially acceptable ("oh you must be so and so...yes, we saw the photos...nice to meet you!")Ah well.


Last night's episode of Nurse Jackie, wherein the Dr. Cooper "tweets" throughout the episode (although I still can't get out of the habit of calling him Dr.Carlisle from the Twilight series) reminded me that once upon a time I did create a twitter...I visited this account today & remembered why I hated it. I always write too much, not too little, so twitter will never be for me. I like looking at the photos that celebrities like Lindsay Lohan & the cast-members of Skins post of themselves, though, so I might keep the account just for that.

I'm actually quite proud of myself because today I haven't spend THAT that much time on the computer. I've read 100 + pages of "The Fraction of the Whole" and I've watched 4 episodes of Weeds, minimum distraction. I've been for a five kilometre walk. I've got more than 5 words of the 'Target' out of the age. I've slept & I've had 3 different cups of herbal tea. I didn't prance around the house in little hotshorts like I did yesterday (it wasn't an especially warm day), which resulted in no more embarrassing comments from my mother regarding my 'hot legs.' Jesus. Shudder. No, my mother's new iPhone does not need a photo of my legs.

I'm pissed off its a public holiday because I really, really want the 2 dresses I ordered off Market HQ to come because I possibly want to wear one of them on Friday night & I've been waiting on 4 cds for ages and the excitement is killing me. I also missed RRR's "Breaking & Entering" on Monday afternoon which frustrates me so much; I missed interviews with Warpaint & Beach House. waaaaaaaah. I'll live.

Anyway, I think I might go blast my earphones for a bit longer. Bye bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment