Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black Swan. Plans for week

I've come back from seeing Black Swan & feel about 20kgs heavier. Seriously...oh, and I ate toast at 9:30pm, is that bad? And leftover rocket/fetta/avacado salad? What about my iced coffee Big M? Nina wouldn't approve. Oh well.

Brilliant movie. I'm undecided whether it's my kind of movie or whether I enjoyed it but it definitely was thrilling & I wasn't at all bored - which I often can be in movies. In short, I was scared by it & thinking to myself that the character of Nina needs to see a psychiatrist & get some anti-hallocegenics. Or something. (I'm not really that narrow & don't think psychiatric medication 'fixes' mental illness AT ALL but clearly this girl needed help & the movie was sad in that it didn't really address this. But I'm just getting all reflective & anyone who reads this blog should realise by now to ignore anything I type in brackets). I'd watch it again & my respect for Natalie Portman has grown. She plays the innocent so well because of her sweet voice. Couldn't work out who the male lead was/where I'd seen him before, he beared a strong resemblance to Peter Capaldi (Sid's Dad in Seasons 1 & 2 of Skins) but it isn't him. Argh. Wikipedia stalking to be done, methinks.

Next, well I have three days off work (thumbs up!!!) & in that I hope to catch up with people, think about cleaning my room/desk some more (but not actually do it) and buy a new cd player, maybe. If I can be bothered to venture into a shopping centre/load one into my car/learn how to actually use the hatchback/convince some good-looking but most likely not ugly teenage boy to do me a 'parcel pickup' to put the thing in my car. Bloody hell. I want a 5 x cd disk & an iPod dock. My current mini-hi fi system is fucked, it is too big, always skips the cd, has internal issues & turns the volume up from 3 to 30 by itself...argh. It's time. And these things are so cheap these days.

But neways. I'm making green tea & going to bed. I'm trying to have a 10pm Sun - 10pm Mon no facebook day. I've lasted seventeen minutes so far. It's been hard. waaaaaahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment