Sunday, January 23, 2011

"about me"

I copied this from... somewhere. It's unusual. Select people can probably work it out. I'm told it's crazy, whatever, I don't care. I was bored at the time & I always write waaaaaay too much anyway. As of now, I'm procrastinating & avoiding cleaning my room. The new excuse I tell my mother is "I'm deliberately waiting until the end of Feburary, cos then it'll still be clean in March when uni starts"

About me? big on (alternative) music. Basically the first thing I look at/for is your taste in music, if it isn't great, well, I won't keep reading. Next: my dog, and lots of herbal tea. And Coffee. Currently doing my masters after finishing my undergrad in Sociology. I walk a LOT (with my doggy, he's the love of my life, but he doesn't speak English, so...) and currently have a gym membership I pretend to use more often than I actually do. I have a shit job in retail that I can't wait to leave at the end of the year when I finish post-grad. I'm the worst navigator you'll ever meet in your life.

Generally pretty normal except I struggle with meeting new people? I'm making an effort not to bail on going out/learn how to reverse park without hitting things. I end up spending a lot of time watching tv on my laptop - either really really good tv (Six Feet Under) or really shit tv (The Hills..I know, but it makes me feel good about myself, okay? Don't judge me?). Alternatively I end up looking up music playlists on RRR/PBS & reading album reviews on Pitchfork and then downloading every single album I can find illegally before my Mum gets an email from bigpond saying we've maxed out the download limit and have 2 weeks to use 200mb...whoops.

In the real world I LOVE going to see live music & seeing friends & coffee etc etc. I like discovering new places & new music & blasting RRR in my car & just generally having fun & making memories. Not a club girl at all.

Music (no specific order)(in hopes you'll be blown away at how "cool" I am: Explosions In The Sky, Death in Vegas, The Avalanches, Radiohead, Placebo, Wu-Tang, A Tribe Called Quest, Patric Wolf, The Streets, Rufus Wainwright, Tricky, Beach House, Portishead, Massive Attack, Four Tet, Ratatat, Grizzly Bear, The Raah Project, Pikelet, CocoRosie, Neutral Milk Hotel, Kings of Convenience, The xx, Whitest Boy Alive, Zero 7, Flying Lotus, Boards of Canada, The Faint, Goldfrapp, DFA 1979, Death In Vegas, The Smiths, TV On The Radio, Deerhunter, Deerhoof, Sufjan Stevens, Air, DJ Shadow, Caribou, Cat Power, Peaches, PJ Harvey, Aphex Twin, Fever Ray, Animal Collective, Death Cab, The Kills, Andrew Bird, Bonobo, Fat Freddy's Drop, Warpaint, Best Coast, BRMC, The Black Keys, Joy Division, Gotye, Bon Iver, The Hives. Amen.


haha. shit, probs shouldn't post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment