Thursday, June 3, 2010

watching glee with the parentals (you had to be there)

Oh my god, Glee is amazing. I might have achieved just a small number of things today
- 45 minute walk
- consuming half a packet of starburst sucks lollipops
- "working" for 6 hours
- parking my car
- watching 2.5 hours of television with my parents (Neighbours, ABC News, 7:30 Report, Glee)
- & Now I'm essaying, apparently.

I just love that my Dad doesn't get Glee, but still manages to enjoy it.

Dad: "These people are clever aren't they? How they can sing"
Mum: "They're clever because they can sing?"
Dad: "Just how they can...you know, 'feel it' like that..."

Next ad break

Dad: "It's weird this show, isn't it. I thought I could understand it, have a conversation about it but...I don't really have a clue what's going on"
Mum: "Oh, we know you don't get it John"
Dad: "But I can appreciate the skill that these people..."
Mum (interrupting): "The skill of breaking into song every five seconds?"


It almost topped his moment about 2 years ago, when he drove me home from work (I didn't have my license then), stating that
"See, watch, Elizabeth. I am at one with the vehicle...."


Later by Mum
"If I mention to the girls at work that I know who Sue Sylvester is they think I'm rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiight on it"


OMFG I CAN'T WAIT FOR LADY GAGA EPISODE NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment