Monday, June 21, 2010

quotes from the mother: stuff only I will find funny

Is it really sad that I save blog ideas as a 'draft' in my mobile phone?

Anyway, last Saturday night I went out to the Toff in Town again, this time with the Queen (i.e my mother) to see The Cat Empire. Dear mother has a slight obsession with the Cat Empire, we're part of the VIP club, get all the special offers, etc. We've seen heaps of their shows - I remember going straight to a Cat Empire show right after I got off the plane from schoolies almost four years ago.

Anyway, my mother whispered some absolutely funny shit in my ear that evening, even though it probably isn't funny to anyone else.

*List of comments I found amusing*

1. I wonder if Felix Riebel is gay?

2. Which then proceeded to an analysis of how many boys/girls were in the crowd. To me, I thought a reasonable mix of young-ish and middle-aged people, with lots of couples & a few groups of early-mid 20s guys. Mum's comment: 'Maybe they're all gay friends of Felix's? 'I wonder if Felix is gay?' (see above)? 'I must look it up on google/wikipedia tomorrow'

3. They're either bikies with beards, or Jewish people with beards

4. (Because we had to stand) I've got panadol in my bag if my back starts to hurt

5. I can go in the mosh pit if you like, I'll be okay. You might get picked up if I'm not with you. (Then, later) 'they look alright...actually, 3 of them have white shoes, so I'd rule them out automatically'

Gah. Going on a manhunt with my mother is so NOT what I want to be doing. NO, I don't have a boyfriend and YES I do need one but I certainly do not need to be on the prowl with my mother. The whole process is exceedingly uncomfortable. Mum, if you're reading this, take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment