Sunday, February 13, 2011

why i hate Michelle Bridges

that woman is a BITCH!

It's Sunday morning & I'm reading through the Sunday magazines from the Age & Herald Sun in bed (with the Manic's, no less) and of course I've skimmed through Body + Soul (Herald Sun) as well. Anyway, I was reading Michelle Bridge's column in the back section of Sunday Life (The Age) (next to the horoscopes) and decided I needed to rant about how much this woman pisses me off. As someone who suffered from anorexia, I fucking HATE the section "day on a plate" where some tv celebrity (insert Getaway host or Home-And-Away 'star' here) reveals to the world what they eat in a day. In short, it's so fucking unrealistic. Nobody ONLY eats salmon & salad for dinner, a "small sandwich" for lunch and a smoothie for breakfast. Nobody drinks 4 litres of water a day. I feel like screaming, is that ALL you fucking eat? My recovery-minded head has turned me into a raging feminist on this topic - and if you've ever read the Beauty Myth, it tells you that basically we're biologically programmed to eat more than 1200 calories a day, and it's GOOD FOR YOU!!! Get it, Michelle? There's a reason you look like a man)

BUT God forbid you tell the whole of Melbourne you had fish & chips for dinner. Yes, it's all about presenting your 'best self' and all, but there's a reason reality television is so popular. Society craves REAL people. Oh, and having a snack of an apple or green tea doesn't make you normal because an apple isn't a snack. Christ. The worst thing about it & the main reason I hate Michelle Bridges is because she encourages you to eat nothing; she goes on about how women don't need to eat that much, and praises someone when they don't snack/only eat vegetables and fish. What about bread or dairy? At least she advocates for avacados and olive oil.

WHO FUCKING CARES if you don't lose the last 5kgs, what about actually enjoying life? Now I'm not suggesting you go & have fish and chips for every meal, but come on, we were all much slimmer in previous generations without all this diet marketing rubbish. We now like to see the reverse: everyone I know who watches the Biggest Loser does so eating junk food. I don't watch the Biggest Loser (isn't it on at the same time as ABC news?) but Michelle should be grateful, I'd have much worse things to say about her if I did).

*I know this whole post is a bit hypocritical, when I've had a a bad run of eating junk food I get on a 'I'm so fat' mindset and vow to not eat so much. I'm human and self-conscious and not exacly gorgeous like the rest of us. BUT, when I'm being normal I tend to lose the weight naturally without doing anything other than drinking a small instead of a regular coffee, eating one muesli bar instead of six & having a coffee scroll instead of a custard one. Life is about life. End rant.

**I also have very limited internet at the moment. it's exceptionally slow & my fault: I downloaded too much Atlas Sound & Deerhoof & Aphex Twin & Gossip Girl and now I'm suffering the consequences. The consequence being that telstra slowed down our internet to a bare minimum. I basically can't view images and it's killing me. Back up & running on the 23rd of Feb. Amen

23 comments:

  1. Well said. The body fascist/food Nazi Bridges is just about everything that is wrong with any discussion on food.She clearly hates it and only sees it as a means to refuel to try and maintain the illusion of the perfect 'cheerleader'/athletes body and be viewed and roundly accepted as one of life's winners-image is everything to these people. She resoundlingly encourages bulimia and anorexia and does not bat an eye. Listening to Bridges is like being told by an Olympic athlete to follow their diet, even though you aren't one. She also reminds me of what life would be like if the 'body snatchers' took over-a conformist nightmare. Just eat, drink be merry-life is too short.












































    in order ty













    ReplyDelete
  2. She was told to lose weight to be on that show. She told me she does not menstruate. Oh and lol her husband who owned several of nsw prestigious gyms is herfreaking CEO!!!!!' She's fake and anorexic and a bad role model.

    One hour of training a day my arse. She used to do about five when she was teaching les mills classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she eats bugger all. The only reason she is famous is because she married an industry pro 20+ years her senior. Before him she was nothing more than an average pt. and she has no uni qualifications either. Seriously. Don't waste your money on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the comments above. I am naturally fairly slim and eat pretty healthily overall and exercise regularly, but over the Christmas period, I put on a few kilos and thought ok, now I need to drop them, so I'll try Michelle's Lose that last 5 kgs. When I read the menu plan and the recipes in her book, I laughed out loud because the fact is, I need more food than she recommends, particularly on the days when I do exercise. Who is this woman kidding? When did food become the enemy? For me it's about portion control, not about cutting out the essential foods that we need to be healthy. I don't rate her at all and she needs to get off her militant high horse and get real...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I see this woman on TV I get a sociopath vibe from her. You can tell she doesn't care about the people she's 'helping'. She purely wants them to lose weight for her own self-glorification. She married someone old enough to be her father because it was beneficial for her career. I'm sure she makes a buttload of cash from advertisements for that stupid body transformation thing. And the way she tells woman to eat is a joke. She'll make people sick if they listen to her. Not that she'd care. She looks like a man, her voice is irritating, and she treats those BL contestants like they're sub-human. Please pick someone different channel 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! The sociopath vibe, I agree wholeheartedly.

      Delete
  6. Well her marriage has broken up mid-filming of the latest series. I'm not surprised. Her life must revolve around shredding herself to 5% bodyfat and fake tanning. Hardly a recipe for inner happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew I thought I was the only one that couldnt stand that fake bitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. and all that slightly worrying, " you can BE a better YOU ( if only you were skinner..) crap makes me feel very very angry!! Michelle, A *BETTER* you would spend 3 hours a night looking to cure cancer, not chopping particular specified vegetables and going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't agree more with Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I despise Michelle Bridges, she's an anorexic, fake tan addicted psychopath. I can't imagine the extent of the damage she has done to the self esteem of all of the biggest loser contestants over the years. If anyone is a loser, it's her. My god, self obsessed much? I think she'd kill herself if she ever gained 5kg and couldn't lose it, moron. She does look like a man, but it's not because she's so muscular (there are many, many muscular women who just reek femininity), it's because of her aggressive and masculine manner, arsehole.

    ReplyDelete
  11. shes a psychopathic dog. Please get a trainer that actually connects with people and doesn't bully them like some neo nazi *********. get rid of her channel 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is an emotionless loser. Id love to take her on in a bitch fight I wish one of the contestants would slap her.

    Hate her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate the ads on TV with her, she has such a manly voice and just has this look about her, that makes me think that she is taking steroids? I tried on some of her clothes and they only got to size 16, like Lorna Jane do they think only skinny people exercise? Rest of us have to wear sacks to excercise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please read my post on her facebook page 26-27/1/14.
    As an AN sufferer, she disgusts me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle Bridges and The Biggest Loser embody everything that is wrong with the fitness industry. Not only does she come across as fake, but she also promotes unrealistic expectations of ones self. To have people focus purely on numbers and then pull a ridiculous amount of weight loss per week is plain unhealthy, not to mention unattainable for your average punter. All they care about is TV ratings.

    As an ex fitness professional this is precisely why I left the fitness industry. Because of shows like this and people like her, people aren't interested in doing it the right way. I would tell people that you need to make a commitment to change and be consistent - it wont happen overnight but will happen as your body adapts to your new habits over time. Sadly, people more often believed the ambitious trainer across the road who was only interested in making a quick buck, who told them that they could take 10kg off them in a week and make them grow six inches to boot.

    It is a shame - there are fitness professionals out their who genuinely know their craft and are worth their salt as trainers. Unfortunately, new 'trainers' with no real experience are being spat out like from a production line of unscrupulous 'fitness academies' whose only aim is to cash in on the hysteria that TBL creates.

    They should be ashamed of themselves. End rant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who hates Michelle Bridges. I am so sick of seeing her ugly face on buses, magazines, newspapers, tv, Internet etc, it's just overkill!!!! She makes me sick with that smug look on her face like 'I have the dream job & stole Commando from his wife & family. Please get rid of her Channel 10!! I would be happy never to see her again. I actually switch channels when she comes on Biggest Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree, I think she is all about the money and fame. Not the best interest of her clients

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lets be honest she is a personal trainer, she can tell you how to do a squat and a bicep curl. She has no nutritional or medical expertise so her advice on food and health is irrelevant and quite possibly dangerous. She has no education in these areas so only a fool would take her advice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lets be honest she is a personal trainer, she can tell you how to do a squat and a bicep curl. She has no nutritional or medical expertise so her advice on food and health is irrelevant and quite possibly dangerous. She has no education in these areas so only a fool would take her advice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I find her quite unattractive to look at in a dress. People here are commenting correctly that she looks manly. I wonder what people see in her to give her so much credit and make her so rich. I find her quite reprehensible for breaking up another woman's relationship and family as well. How can the media love her I don't know. Actually the media is also responsible for giving her the platform which makes her rich and hence a powerful public figure who can influence the lives of many people as she wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She stole the Commando off his ex-wife and had a kid with him. Just goes to show how much of a dirty slut Michelle Bridges really is!

    ReplyDelete