Sunday, February 27, 2011

rain ruining my life & a desperate plea to Apple Inc.

It's Sunday morning. I've been awake since 4:30am & I'm listening to Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics. This morning I've achieved:
- eating 3 Weet Bix Hi Bran w/ Physical Low Fat Milk & Peppermint Tea
- Lying in bed listening to the rain and: Royksopp, Sleep Soundly mix (found on flashlightag), Experimental Dental School, Whitest Boy Alive & The Bamboo's
- Spent five minutes helping Dad find the 'zoom' button in Microsoft Outlook for Windows 7

If it's possibly even more tragic, I spent the evening alone in my bedroom watching two episodes of True Blood & browsing music blogs, etsy, and making playlists for people on iTunes. And eating a 200g cadbury lindt bunny rabbit (fuck off, I allow myself 1-5 Easter present/s to myself every year...I just started early this year...but hey, it's been one month since boxing day & Easter stuff started selling then...I held off a whole month!!!).

I can't go for a walk because it's raining. PISSED OFF to the max because I like walking at times when most normal people are asleep. I've been walking different routes lately (avoiding major roads = less noise = can actually hear music) & was very very excited to walk later. BUT due to the rain I might have to go to the gym. I must get a move on with this; it's only 9am but my parents go together on Sunday afternoons (you're thinking how cute, right? Maybe, but I don't need to be there to watch it).

Oh, and I've come to the shocking realization in the last few days that it won't be long before I need a new iPod. Because, I download a fuckload of music and I've used about 60% of my iPod. I'm not someone to delete anything - not so I can boast that I have x amount of songs, but because often songs get old and then five years later they're as good as the first time you heard them. Or, they can be songs you hate but remind you of certain moments you'd rather not forget (like those terrible disco tracks around at the time I finished year 12). I've also realised that perhaps someone needs to write to Apple & tell them they need to invent a 1 tera-bite (is that what they're called? A tera-bite?) iPod. Why?

- iPhones are PHONES. Yeah, they have a music player which might suffice for a 30 minute train trip but that's as far as it goes. Music obsessives want their music SEPARATE to everything else. Also, 64gig is not NEARLY enough space for music, let alone apps and everything. (Not trying to shit all over iPhones, they seem cool for apps, but I'm just pissed because my mother has one before me & I've got eighteen months before the contract on my nokia n97 mini expires)

- iPads are SCREENS. Actually, I don't really know, are they screens to read digital books on or are they touch-screen computers? But the last time I went to the hairdresser's they were playing music from an iPad as wel? Now I'm on the apple website and there's a link to Apple Video? I'm totes confused. Anyway, I can't exactly carry around a massive screen with me when I go walking, can I? And when I'm lying in bed I can't use one either, I'd roll over & smash the screen (I use headphones & avoid plugging into other devices for optimum sound quality)

- iPod nano: Designed for 'on the go' play but only hold <10 gig. i.e, inferior for music snobs. And, you can't see what song is playing because they have basically no screen.

-iTouch: I think a few of my niece's have one, aren't they just iPods that connect to the internet and you can download games? I also don't understand these things.

Currently the biggest iPod 'classic' holds 160gig. I'm 22 & have 60gig of music, downloading maybe 3-4 gig a month. That's roughly 40gig a year. SHIT.

*off to steal the magazines from the Sunday paper & take up to my room. Happy Sunday*

tracks:


No comments:

Post a Comment