Wednesday, February 23, 2011

i've got the internet back today! I've downloaded 4gigs already (1/3rd of the download limit!!!) LOVE my life haha. Love that my parents are away tonight & tomorrow, love that at 8am my whole family is going internet mad. Omg, we can actually look at photos on facebook again! Mum can get her emails & so can Dad - I was such a good daughter helping Dad change the font size this morning.

What I've done without the internet: listening to lots of cool stuff lately, wagging Body Pump at the gym in favour of listening to Breaking & Entering on RRR, the usual. Deliberately not answering phone calls from work, walking, being the friend you call in a crisis, watching True Blood, attempting to get a head start on readings for uni but failing miserably. Even making new folders on windows with different subject codes and downloading (ever so slowly) journal articles, let alone reading them, is beyond painful. Thank-god I'm an on-campus student, I need the emotional support & reassurance that academic literature is indeed academic and not the easiest thing to read in the world.

I've been reading The Finkler Question but I have to admit it's not really 'grabbing' me. It either has a lot of themes I don't quite understand, or explains quite fully, or there just isn't anything all that great about the plot. Music-wise I've finally got around to listening to DJ Vadim properly and also Erykah Badu, Noah and the Whale, Atlas Sound (Bradford Cox of Deerhunter, his 'Bedroom databank' collection) and the new Deerhoof. True Blood I've got into & I can't for the life of me think why: none of the cast are good-looking (Ryan Kwanten has a too-good body, his veins freak me out), the plot is pretty average & none of dialouge is particularly snappy or funny or whatever. It's Twilight with sex, basically.

This post was for me to look back on & remember what I was doing in late Feb'11. It's boring. Tada.

No comments:

Post a Comment