Friday, August 6, 2010

the big w soundtrack

I'm hoping that by blogging/writing I will be inspired to do my assignment. I'm listening to lots of calm music; Clare Bowditch & The Feeding Set, Explosions In The Sky & Cat Power, but it's not working. I'm BORED and I have to decide what to wear tomorrow night and get an online account & clean my room because it's impossible to walk in it. I want Mum to go out, to the gym or to do the groceries or something so I can quit pretending to do my homework & watch Gossip Girl, or Modern Family on the big tv downstairs.

In the last few weeks I've been paying a fair bit of attention to the songs that Big W radio play. I always complain about the terrible music, but it's really not that that bad. Highlights include:

- Jefferson Airplane: Somebody to Love
- Donna Summer: Hot Stuff
- Sia: I Go To Sleep
- Lily Allen: Oh My God (Kaiser Chief's cover)
- Rick Price: Walk Away Renee (memory flash: My Girl 2 Soundtrack!)
- George Michael: Amazing
- Joan Jett: I Love Rock & Roll
- The Beach Boys: Don't Worry Baby
- Tina Arena: Wasn't It Good
- Bright Eyes: Something off either Cassadaga or I'm Wide Away It's Morning. I think it was Four Winds but argh I only heard the first bit of the song and its really bugging me...just as well they have the same soundtrack on rotation for a week so I'm bound to work it out eventually.
- Interpol - Something off Antics or Turn On The Bright Lights. I'm dead certain it was old; it had the old feel.

ie, Nostalgia alert! I went home and pulled out My "My Girl 2" soundtrack & my old Interpol cds (fuck, how much can one love Turn On The Bright Lights? It's AMAZING.

But anyway. Just a little rant.
xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment