Saturday, August 21, 2010

voting is a bit like getting married

Not that I've ever been married, but, its when you finally get your ballot paper, that ridiculously long white one for the Senate & the pale-green coloured one (a colour I haven't seen since weekly newsletters in primary school) for the lower house, that you think, shit, do I really want (insert party here) to win? So, I voted. Most people who tell me they've read this blog know the political values I hold (some, but I'm vague in defining why/specific policies). Basically it's 10 past 11pm & I've been out for drinks with the girls and I really should've had a glass of something alcoholic because Tony Abbott is going to become prime minister and I can't cope. I still have that bottle of vodka from Year 12 sitting on my desk and I really need to drown my sorrows. Okay, so if our own prime minister doesn't believe in climate change ("the climate change argument is bullshit") then how the hell can I refuse to hand out excessive plastic bags to customers?

I'm home & I can't watch it on tv because I'll awake the parentals up, 774 radio here we come? But I'm really enjoying listening to by latest Kings of Convenience cd.

Oh my god. Quote ABC News Website:
"Gillard gives a nod to Tony Abbott, saying they have different world views but he's shown he's made of strong stuff".

Jesus. Australia's gone backwards. Now I want to move to America to have Obama as the president. Or some Swiss country. Princess Mary has the right idea.
I still can't believe this is happening. I've been re-assuring myself all week that, you know, it'll be okay (the Australian spirit) Tony won't actually win, more people hate Tony than they hate Julia, really, it'll be okay, he won't get in. At LEAST its a hung Parliament so they can't rule completley. Argh I can't think.

So for the rest of the week I have
- to get through an 80th at my house tomorrow (shit)
- to fit into my jeans nicely again (shit) (stop eating chocolate blocks, muffins & coffee scrolls, Elizabeth)
- to finish my 2000 word assignment on borderline personality disorder
- get on anti-depressants now that Abbott's running the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment