Sunday, May 16, 2010

life > study progress report, Sianna Lee

I feel it's been too long, and I feel guilty. I've written maybe 500 odd words (that's one sixth of my assignment!) and I deserve a break. My parents a going out for coffee, I'm in my fluffy pink dressing gown with my make-up on from last night and I've had porrige and a gazillion cashew nuts to eat and I'm shaking a little from my instant jamaican coffee from the Oxfam shop. I HAVEN'T READ THE PAPER YET so I might go down and hog it for a bit while my parent's are not home. I also need to go for a walk, and get dressed, and maybe, maybe clean up my desk.

Basically all I've done is go to uni, drink coffee, drink tea, sit on my computer/facebook/microsoft word in my aformentioned fluffy hot pink dressing gown and mismatched peter alexander brown ugg boots and pretend to write a disgusting amount of essays. I have just over 10,000 words to write (+ diagrams and reference lists and a role-play) by June 11. And I'm supposed to be working an extra day next week, and be social, and take the dog for a walk, and eat, and shower, and watch Neighbours and Glee, and Desperate Housewives and brothers & sisters, and read The Age, and actually go to class, and watch educational programs such as The 7:30 Report. Oh, and I forgot one thing: sleeeeeeepppp

I have so much to do that I've decided to write a blog and listen to Sleater-Kinney very very loud. Not really appropriate for Sunday morning. Last night we (me + 5 of my girls) went out to see 'Sianna Lee' at The Toff in Town. I'd heard about it (read: convinced) by a girl from uni to go, so I dragged some people along with me, as I was vaguely interested. My friends know I love seeing live music and I guess were intrigued, and up for something different. Yay! I really enjoyed the performance, as I really like 'that kind of music', even though it was a little unnerving that everyone else their seemed to know each other, and we're not really the 'alternative' type. Regardless, we were all blown away by the Sianna Lee's voice, the band, and was just what we needed...a night out, chilled and such. Full credit to my friends who don't really go for that kind of music, but were determined to follow through with the evening and enjoy it.
The support-act also had an amazing voice, and I liked to listen to the other background music i.e. Grizzly Bear and P.J Harvey.

What we did do badly was co-ordinate the night out...we all get off at the same station yet 5/6 of us drove. Hopefully that's a mistake we won't make again. We wonder why there's global warming? Oh, and I thought someone was following me as I drove home so I went around the block twice and definetly went over the 50 k/h speed limit up the street. I've never thought I was being followed before and it was quite scary.

Other social ocassions: last weekend I wore my little (basically it's just tight and just above the knee) scoop-necked dress, a yellow jacket, and called myself a sunflower. Next weekend is both my sisters' birthdays, the weekend after is the Espy.

However, by now I've written far too much. I'm going way overboard. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment