Sunday, May 23, 2010

It’s 10:30am on Sunday I’ve been awake for 3.5 hours and I have achieved pretty much nothing. Well, I’ve finished downloading the final episode of Season 3 of Gossip Girl (even though I’m only 5 episodes into Season 1), and I’ve written about 100 words of my assignment, I’ve had porridge and spoons of peanut butter (more about this later) and I’ve made my room like a sauna due to the heater, BUT. 400 words in a day is not much.
Five songs currently on repeat
- Sianna Lee: You Are The Sea (from Phoenix Propeller)
- Caribou – Found Out (from new album Swim)
- Hot Chip – Shake A Fist
- Sianna Lee – Molte (from Phoenix Propeller)
- Tricky – Puppy Toy (from Knowle West Boy)

So proud of myself that the Sianna Lee & Caribou songs have been released in the last six months so I can trick myself into thinking I’m up-to-date with music stuff!!!
So I bought a 500g jar of peanut butter a few weeks ago & I opened it for the first time on Friday; can I just say how disappointed I was? I haven’t had peanut butter in more than a year...I gave it up because I always ended up eating like half a jar in one sitting, and peanut butter is 1) quite greasy and 2) high in fibre thus I feel extremely sick eating it. However, I remember reading the nutritional information and it used to be 85% peanuts and now its 90% peanuts...which is all very good because the more peanuts the less sugar and it’s better for you and therefore its 90% healthy HOWEVER I’m not really tempted to consume spoonful after spoonful...because basically it tastes dry. Which I don’t get, the real natural peanut butter is runny and not salty, this new peanut butter is not really salty and isn’t as good. Maybe I’ll try some on toast later due the week and see if my opinion changes.
On a final note; without mentioning names there’s been about 4 or so birthdays in the last week so a big Happy Birthday to all those people. This resulted in me wagging work yesterday afternoon to attend a lunch in Richmond, which was quite painful to drive to (Mum drove, thank god) but my salad made up for it; it had walnuts in it! And prosciutto and pumpkin (I think it must’ve been sweet potato though)! And I learnt that salads are too salty and that I should never drink shiraz around young children! Because you lean over to pick a crayon off the ground and realise shit...I’m more tipsy than I realise...
My status update on facebook at 7-something this morning made reference to ‘that dreaded Sunday morning feeling when you realise you really have to get that assignment done today.’ I’m feeling it now, so, till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment