Wednesday, June 8, 2011

women of SOUL.

Last night I went to Women of Soul night at the Toff in Town. It's pretty much the only respectable but semi-alternative (not really, but for my house-music-nightclub loving friends, it is) place I'm game enough to take my friends.
Really enjoyed it! Oh, and our table of four enjoyed it too. Actually we probably gave the impression of being party poopers as we didn't drink (driving), didn't get up & salsa & didn't really move in general. HOWEVER One friend even bought a cd...so my reputation for 'weird music things Liz always wants to go to' has perhaps increased a little. I love: Lord of the Fries, being able to wear a coat and tights instead of a tiny dress & live music. I don't like: the cold!!! And being a p plater. Oh, and to the cute New Zealand guys who we striked up a conversation with at Flinders -apparently I'm weird because I don't have sauce on my beloved Lord of the Fries - you kids are cute, but you're not gonna impress girls by telling them you work as door-knockers for a gas company. Crowd: we were the youngest there? Possibly? Haha, actually my mother jokingly asked if she could come & I said no...in truth, lots of middle-aged people there? And they were WAY more lively than us. My comment: "I wish we were 20 years older so I wasn't too embarrassed to get up and dance." Oh, and I noticed that after she performed, Chelsea Wilson went and sat on (presumably) her grandfather's knee; aaaaawwww!

Otherwise I'm actually kinda too busy for the Internet right now because I've started my social work placement which means I have no time for ANYTHING. I'm enjoying it though...the downsides are: I'm bad at going five hours without food, and concentrating all day/not procrastinating/having no more than 30 minutes to procrastinate per working day. Soooo not used to this! I feel very much well looked-after though: I got a free taxi ride to & from my student seminar because 'na, we're not letting you get the tram, it's freezing...the hospital pays for it, so the government feels for it, don't feel bad'...WIN. Also, I sat in the front seat in said taxi...did I mention I got a maxi taxi all to myself on the way home? And I sat in front BOTH times? Wow I am cool. Although the maxi-taxi driver freaked me out cos' he was a) not Indian and b) too friendly. Not to be racist, but I love it when Indian people swear; sooooo funny!!! Note to taxi drivers: I don't wanna know how pissed off you are because you missed out on a $200 job, or how tired you are...I don't need you to pull out all your receipts for the day, know where you grew up, the intricate details of every customer you've had today, where you used to go to school...all this in fifteen minutes? Why do I have a knack for finding weirdos who proceed to tell me all their life stories? is it because I'm one of them?

ANYWAY I probs should get a move on with this assignment. I need to a) have a shower & b) relax. Feel sick, too much food, team meetings: excessive abundance of food. And because I'm the student I am 'shadowing' (following like a puppy dog) anyone who'll have me & hence sit in meetings. Since when did Kettle make grain-wave looking things? Am I that much of a food addict that I eat sour cream & chive-flavoured grain waves, which I don't even like?

I have written waay too much. It's too cold for study. I should clean up my desk/room/life first. I've been saying this for two years, ugh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment