Saturday, June 18, 2011

just another saturday night at home on my computer :)

Fun facts of my week; or basically just my observations on the Sandringham line train/landmarks around Prahan station and Greville street.

1. The American hip hop/"indie" band Why have an album called Alopecia. BUT I was reading an article the other day, I think it was in Vogue at the x-ray place or something, and Alopecia is also the name for a medical condition relating to loss of hair or baldness. I wonder if Why knew this? I'm sure they did. I don't get it.

2. The same people get the same train every single weekday for YEARS. It didn't quite hit me until one day this week when I got the train to work placement. I haven't got the train in peak hour for about two years yet I recognized everyone except the school kids. Wow.

3. Also on the train, WHAT IS WITH this trend of rolling down knee-high socks? I mean, it was fucking five degrees. We used to hitch the skirts up, but we were at least sensible enough to wear tights. These teenage girls were wearing school shirts with pink bra's underneath (no jumper, wtf?), eating tee-vee snacks, with bare legs. At 7:45am in the morning. OMFG.

4. It's really really snobby, but I really got off on the fact that I'm 99% sure I was the only person on this train to be listening to Bibio, or follow Flashlight Tag on tumblr.

5. Getting the train has made me realise my reliance on the mirror in my car. The driver's side flap with mirror has become a necessity for touching up my concealer at red lights. I can't believe I've turned into one of 'those' people. I need to invest in a compact mirror for my handbag.

6. My morning trip on public transport to work placement meant I a) had no-one idea where I had to walk (Prahan station: label your fucking streets) and b) hence arrived forty minutes early. I decided to go for a mini-walk around the block, which meant all around Wesley college & the Victorian College of the Deaf before reaching what I think was St.Kilda road/street. Wesley college security staff kept looking at me funny, clearly I wasnt a sibling or a parent, but perhaps they were too embarrassed to ask me if I was lost. Probably blasting CL Sosa didn't work in my favour. However, WHY was this (see photo below) advertising car parked in the driveway of Victorian College for the Deaf?



OH YES, LET'S "IGNITE THE SPARK"

7. Anyway I actually have an excuse have an for being home on a Saturday night because I went to the doctor on Thursday night and apparently I have bronchitis. I took a day off yesterday to have a blood test and an x-ray and sleep and sit in bed and watch the Secret Life of Us. Boo!!! But, as I sent in a text-message to someone this morning, I LOVE DRUGS (calm down, I was referring to anti-histamines, even though according to my mother they haven't been working because I insist on cutting them up and they're supposed to be swallowed whole, but I can't swallow tablets). Oh well. They might be placebos anyway, ITS PSYCHOLOGICAL PEEPS

Secret Life, shower, read & blast with my new in-ear earphones that keep falling out of my ears, sleep. NA NIGHT xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment