Sunday, July 18, 2010

diagnosis: hoarding (is there any medication available???)

I've just created a lovely present to myself: a dvd draw. My top right draw is no longer filled with a few packets of pens, highlighters, page tabs, numerous waiting-to-be-opened pencils and gluesticks, faber-castel pens I can't bring myself to throw out, a box of derwent pencils I've had since primary school, shitty sunglasses (I've decided I actually like these 'cheap shit sunglasses to throw in the car glovebox', a pair of 'bumblebee' sunnies with brown not white rims which also slip right off my ears), a few old calculators and a compass. These have now been shoved on top of the stationary draw below it, full of (mostly unopened) notebooks and notepads, letter-writing sets and a 50 pack of envelopes. Yay for space! I have so, so, so much stuff. I have one friend, and whenever I go to her house I could almost cry. I want to pay this woman to organise my stuff. I'm quite sure she's got plenty of crap like I do, but her room/whole house (still living with the fam, but the kitchen & other bedrooms are no different)..literally OMG. it's like walking into a magazine shoot for Vogue magazine. I'm only 21 & yet I already own 350 cd albums and counting (cd singles from primary school not included, Spice Girls, Hanson & Backstreet Boys albums included), and 64 dvds. I know myself well enough to realise that I'll probably never throw any of these out till I'm dead. I'm looking forward to inheriting my Mum's books & the parental Six Feet Under dvd box set. But WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS STUFF? Thankfully, the amount of money I've spent doesn't really worry me, yeah I should be saving it to spend on furniture, but what the hell, lots of people my age would have spent double the amount on alcohol by now. Cds & Dvds give me pleasure, ok? Oh, and thats not including my (fiction) book collection. University text books I'll probably never throw out either, if only to show off to my future children: (I hope I have some!) 'yes, Mummy was smart, wasn't she?'

There's some sheet music, some magazines (I've got quite good at not buying these though, I'm buying more books instead & "making my life more meaningful" etc etc lol JK my second favourite website is celebrity-gossip.net) and various photo albums too. A great idea would be to move out, and then I can start afresh at a new place & leave my parents to look after this stuff. Is it ridiculous to consider getting insurance on a cd collection?

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh. And speaking of dvds I had the girls over to my house last night & we completely fried our brains on The Hills. I'm so embarrassed for Heidi, OMG. Funniest. Shit. Ever. On a cold absolutely fucking freezing night, ugg boots, mini individual packets of popcorn & starburst babies & ducted heating on full blast & a licking hyperactive dog (mine) are the best thing ever. For about $2 absolute max per person, cheapest most amazing night ever.

In future: I have uni & therefore no life. Expect posts few & far between. (just quietly, 2 Distinctions & 1 HD this semester, haha I am wonderful)...

No comments:

Post a Comment