Friday, July 30, 2010

boring rant

- I feel really, really sick. Like having eaten too much & all I need to do is lie down.
- I have 1825 words to write, preferably the end of Monday, at last hope it HAS to be in by next Friday
- I have INTENSE back pain. Okay so it's not that bad until I move: can't bend/lean, especially to my right. Putting on clothes/socks/anything that involves bending = pain. Working 6 hours yesterday I think made it worse, by 5:30 it was hurting standing up & it wasn't hurting standing up when I went in.

- They've fucked up my rosters at work. Which is actually quite normal. I'm too scared to call back, whatever, I'm not spending my money to fix up THEIR mistake. So apparently I'm contracted for Friday - um no, they changed my days, but I never received a contract saying that in writing, and my pay-slip kept paying me overtime for working on Fridays, even though it WAS/is a regular shift. So last Saturday, the business (not service roster, which everyone goes by, but its not the "formal" roster - it's always wrong, but you can't dispute it) rosters me on Monday & not on Friday, and the service roster wasn't done yet. So, I ring up & check, yes I'm working Monday, and if my Friday shift isn't on the business roster, I don't have to come. I agree to come in on Monday on the premise that I don't have to on Friday (after calmly explaining that I am a master's student, I can't work all afternoon every weekday I have no classes, I do actually have to spend significant time writing assignments/being on facebook). So they call me up on Friday asking why I've written 'Liz N/A' at the bottom of the roster. I was told to hold on the line, then 'I'll call you back in five minutes' and I haven't got a call back. So totally cbf to deal with work politics/admin fuck-ups. Seriously. It's retail. Please. Get over it.

Rant over. I have so much shit going on to organise & I hate having to wait for other people to get organised first. I do have one little comment from the lovely Catherine which was possibly the funniest thing said to me Wednesday (not word-for word):

"I nearly crashed my car this morning...there was a really hot guy & I was looking in his window...though I guess if I crashed my car & he came to help me, it would have been SO worth it"

No comments:

Post a Comment