Friday, October 22, 2010

sleeping patterns & my croaky voice

Here I am posting again 2 weeks after my previous post. Feeling a bit sickly due to too much food (but what else is new), on placement, its 29 degrees, I'm bored, I have a handout on linking theory to practice & yet the internet is right infront of me so I can't concentrate. Today I've made a few phonecalls & sat in with FLAP but this is about it. The most interesting discussion was one between another sw student (female), a law student (male) and myself at lunch where we basically scared aforementioned law student into getting an STD test. Oh, and sleeping patterns/how well do you sleep with someone next to you. For instance, can you ever be throwing up & feeling like you're dying & literally screaming at someone who won't wake up? Or, in my case, sleep through a blaring smoke detector?

Okay so off-track & this is not what I wanted to post about...(the point) anyone who knows me knows that for a female, I have a really, croaky sounding voice. To the extent where lots of people often ask whether I'm sick or have a cold. It used to not bother me, but recently it has. It really has. The tradies at my house at the moment asked me, 50% of my customers ask me & say 'oh you poor thing you should be home in bed' BUT ITS JUST MY NORMAL VOICE. Argh. I'm not really a loud person, I'm not a crazy drunk who screams & screams; I'm fairly low volume but selectively high content, and the only times I feel like my voice isn't low-pitched & croaky is when I'm on the phone to someone & trying to suck up; i.e. faking. It's always amazed me how pretty much everyone in the world has a different voice (but siblings often sound the same but not THE SAME, ya know) & how we seem to be able to recognize so many different voices.

But yes. Ah well. I'm off. Need to look up how to get a credit card for online shopping yessssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment