Wednesday, September 29, 2010

crazy driving experience number 55 thousand

I'm still buzzing about the fact that I'm blogging on the computers at work placement. Oh yes, lots of fun. My extra reading/activities for Masters' students has been minimised & I'm sitting here with 2 other students, my handbag & notebook bag & on the other side, my gps, the gladwrap from my sandwich & my 2010 melways & my mobile phone. I am bored & I've already decided I'm leaving early because I wanna go walking and buy shit at the supermarket. This morning a friend & I travelled to Dandenong (I wasnt driving, thank god) to support a client in court & fuck it was a DISASTER. We didnt even realise we weren't on the highway until we saw a sign that said Emerald/Narre Warren and we thought shit, this isn't the way to Dandenong. For a trip that should've taken 15 minutes, it took an hour. Hilarious. Oh, and we missed our client's court appearance & so we went to Dairy Bell & got ice-cream (I had rocky road, but it seemed just like plain chocolate) and then went to Savers then walked around in circles trying to find the car. But, because some of the people we asked for directions werent exacly with it we struggled even with directions. My friend called her Mum & ended up hanging up on her because we apparently couldn't be helped if we didn't even know what road we were currently on. Fuck the gps, seriously. It dropped (or maybe I dropped it? hush) on the ground & then wanted us to go a different way to what we planned so we kept ignoring it but argh we fucked up in the first 100m so & it took us 10k's to realise we were lost. Most people reading this will think we're such losers but we were half stressed half pissing ourselves laughing. And our trip around Dandenong itself was not exacly fun either; a few people were threatening/yelling 'fuck you' etc etc so we had to walk the wrong way a few times. We went to Dairy Bell. So many potentially good bakeries.

Does this count as my reflective journal? I'm still deciding whether to go to the movies tonight because the movie is 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' but I don't want to ruin the book as I'm intending on reading it when I've got through my current pile of books. And, I don't wanna go to the same shopping complex that I work at. I also wanna go for a walk & get home early so I can do this as well as go to the movies? Argh. funny.

Anyway........just got that out. Ta da :)

No comments:

Post a Comment